Reproductive and Sexual Health:
It is the share of physical, emotional, mental and social well-being in relation of sexuality. It is the key component to overall health and quality of life for both men and women.
To maintain that, people need access to accurate information and safe, effective, affordable and acceptable contraception method to avoid uninfendes pre. They must be informed how to protect themselves from sexually transmits infections and when they decide to have children, medical health services can help them have a fit pregnancy, safe delivery and healthy baby.
Reproductive and sexual health services can
- Prevent unintended pregnancy by advising them safe contraception. As per their needs line Oval Contraceptive Pills, , Injections, Skin Patch and various other methods. Hence it can avoid unsafe abortion, low birth weight, postpartum depression, Infections.
- Pre-conceptional Counselling – Women before they conceiving can be screened for injection which could lead to severe disability in the fetus. They are advised to take prenatal vitamins to prevent birth defects in brain and spinal cord. Women are screened and treated for Diabetes, Hypertension, Hypotheproidium which would complicate pregnancy causing abortions, defects in babies, preeclampsia in lutrauterius death, growth restrictions of fetus.
- Women with Recurrent pregnancy can be evaluated and planned for treatment to prevent further by treatment as soon as they conceive.
- And treatment of sexually transmitted diseases which might lead to a long term complications especially for adolescent girls and young women like infertility, peloic inflammatory disease.
- Screening for cancers like pap smear, mammography as some of the cancers are preventable and most of them are curabre if defected in easily
- Vaccination: Young girls/women cab opt for vaccination against cervical cancer which is indicated from 9 years old girls to 45 years old women.
- Adolescent Problems: PCOD, Endome , Thyroid are some of the conditions which requires counselling and treatment to avoid suffering from severe pain/ heavy bleeding during cycles, irregular cycles.